Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!



There were definitely a lot of reasons to jump for joy this coming new year. For one, my siblings and I were complete this year after Biboy and his family decided to come home for the holidays. Second, our nephews and nieces were complete since Jul and Carl were here as well. So it felt like the "good 'ole days", but of course, we still missed Mom and Dad who were holiday-ing in California.

Year after year, I realize that the family is indeed the best gift a person can have during Christmas, New Year, and every day of the year. Nothing compares to hearing stories, advice, mundane banter and laughter from your family members. Another thing I realized is that I miss this so much. Eventhough I'm in Manila every month and get to see my siblings on a monthly basis, it's just never, never enough.



I'm excited about the new year because it's my intention to really make this a NEW, new year. After hitting the pause button on my life for more than 2 years, it's time to shift gears, make a change and really do something new. As Prichy once said in our yearbook: "It's time to transition."

Happy New Year and here's to all the new things that will come our way this 2008.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you, Les! :)

Dazed and Confused said...

Happy New Year, Mark. Hope you enjoyed your holidays in Manila.