Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Seeing double

The Oscar nominations are in, and Cate the Great isn't just in the running this year, she's in the running twice! I'm not sure if this an Oscar first, but it's definitely the first time I've heard about it. Cate Blanchett is nominated for Best Actress in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and Best Supporting Actress in "I'm not there."




They say she's a shoo-in for Best Supporting Actress, especially after she took home the Golden Globes this year. But of course, I'd prefer that she'd win for "Elizabeth" because she definitely, DEFINITELY deserved that award in 1998. Then again, who know? Maybe she can pull a double win and take home both trophies. I think that's going to be a first in the history of the Academy Awards.

Now, that would be a source Double Happiness!

No comments: