Saturday, August 20, 2005

Mecca in Macau!



While this isn't exactly it, what I got is really close to what's in the pic.

I've been dreaming of these pair for God-knows-how-long. Yup, it even came to a point that these A&F jeans came to me in a dream, asking me to please buy him.

Because of that, I've been bugging people from the US to hunt down these jeans and bring them home. From Biboy to Mom to Tanya to Olan, they've all received an email for me begging for the "Saranac Destroyed Boot" jeans. Heck, if my US visa weren't expired, i'd fly to the US and get it myself.

Then, on a routine "I-gotta-escape-from-the-rain" trip to Macau, I went to Uno-Uno to kill time. I wasn't even planning to browse through the racks, but somehow, something called to me. It was like a little voice saying: "I'm here... I'm here..."

*glorious hallelujah music inserted here"

And there it was: A pair of Abercrombie and Fitch Saranac Destroyed Boot jeans. It was the closest I got to my dream jeans. Holding my breath, I went to peek what size it was.

...suspense
...suspense
...suspense

THEY WERE SIZE 30 JEANS!

Yup, they were my size! They were my size!

Like Gollum trying to covet the ring, I immediately hugged "my precious" jeans to make sure nobody will touch, look at, or purchase them. These were my jeans. MY JEANS! And no one else was getting it.

Excitedly, I ran into the dressing room to fit it. Honestly, I wasn't too deliriously happy with the fit. It was a bit too loose around the thigh area and the waist was a tad bit too high. But at that point in time, it was perfectly alright. The jeans of my dreams were now wrapped around my waist and legs, and nothing else mattered. Not even the burgundy A&F t-shirt with a cute moose cut-out that I picked up earlier.

Then, I also bought a pair of G-Star A-crotch denim jeans with silver thread. This one fit me perfectly, and of course, the design shouted; "Wear me to a wild night out!"

Hmmm... seems like I've got more reasons to visit Macau these days. Aside from the colonial architecture and the more relaxed atmosphere, there's the prospect of finding more Abercrombie & Fitch Jeans. And yes, that's reason enough for me!

No comments: