Sunday, August 07, 2005

Look who we have here...



Amazing is the only word to describe this. I ran into an old blockmate of mine from college today. The last time I saw her, it was during our freshman year in UP. That's 15 long years ago. And of all places to run into her, it had to be in Hong Kong!

I was taking the routine ferry ride from Tsim Sha Tsui to Central when I saw her in pier. Initially, I wasn't sure if it was her, after all, it's been 15 years. Then when I found myself one row behind her, it was an opportunity to take a closer look. So after repeated glances, I thought, "what the heck, this is a foreign country!"

So mustering as much courage I could possibly muster, I turned to her and asked:

"Ovvian?"

She faced me and after a few seconds said:

"Lester!"

Yup, it was our very own Assumptionista in Block I-1. The daughter of the famous sculptor. This made her our artist in residence.

We took the time from TST to Central to catch up. See what we've been doing with our lives the past decade and a half, and from what I've gathered, she's been using her time well. Since she'll be in town for a few more days, we'll meet up for another kuwentuhan session.

This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!

No comments: