Monday, August 08, 2005

And the therapy continues...



Zara has a lot of promising jeans this season, but most of them come in black. I'm not too keen on black jeans, for the simple reason that it isn't as casual and laid back as the your good 'ole blue denim. Black jeans have this formal vibe to it, so it's best worn with a crisp, button down white shirt and leather shoes.

No matter how much I try to picture it in my mind, black jeans will never go well with my black Chuck Taylors and my plain, white Pull and Bear tees. That's good, by the way, since i'm leaving Zara empty handed for a change.

That was until I went to Shenzhen.

We checked out MixC, one of their high end malls. Lo and behold, there were two of my favorite European brands: Springfield and Jack Jones.

Springfield is one of Spain's best imports to the Philippines (my sisters would argue that Mango is the best import, so I won't say that it's THE best import.) They've got very nice tees and jackets, although their jeans are a bit high-waisted for my taste.

Jack Jones is a jean line from Denmark, and its best known for its variations on the worker jean. They've restyled it in a way that it becomes "hip meets functional." The product is a low-rise jean with carpenter jean details.

Only, another European brand, also makes jeans with cuts and details that are stellar! Too bad for me, they only make jeans for women. It's good for my sister because i'll probably end up buying her a pair and bring it back to Manila.

Then, I dropped by Kitterick this evening, and checked out the magic rack. (It's the one that says "Final Sale.") Lo and behold, there were a couple of funky Indu Homme jeans on sale. Normally, I wouldn't buy Indu Homme since their designs are a bit too risque for my conservative taste. But the jeans were dirt cheap, so I tried on a couple of pairs.

A weekend passed, and now there are 3 new pairs of jeans in my closet:



1. Jack Jones Vintage Denim - I like the way this jeans fall: low rise with a straight, wide leg. It's washed continuously to create that even fading. The twist is, some details have been shielded from the process and still keep the dark blue hue. Among them are the hem and a big patch on the left thigh.

2. Indu Homme Wrecked Denim - Energie has "distressed" jeans. Abercrombie and Fitch has "destroyed" jeans. This pair of jeans is neither. It's really wrecked! There are two gaping holes on the knees, making my kneecaps stick out when i'm sitting down. There are two slashed holes near the back pocket, and the hem is slit so long, it's about to fall off. This pair packs so much attitude, you only need a plain shirt and sneakers to complete the look.

3. Indu Homme Patched Denim - This pair looks like it was made from 3 different denim patches and sewn together. The result is an interesting construction with an outstanding fit. True to the Indu tradition, the waist is cut low and falls on the 2nd hip. There are some distressed details in the front and at the back that soften the attitude.

I'm looking forward to wear these babies this week. Which will I wear tomorrow?

(decisions... decisions...)

No comments: