Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Doppelgangers

Way back in my first agency, I had an officemate named Nikos who did a very good impression of me. He could imitate my way of speaking, up to a point that he could say "Yes" and "Mismo" just like me. That's why when people would look for me in my cubicle, he'd answer them. So the poor soul walks in to see i'm not there.

But that was more than 5 years ago.

Now there's someone who wants to take Nikos' position, and his name is Andy. He's been spending the past half hour or so trying to talk and act like me. My other officemate think he's doing a pretty good job, but I beg to disagree, of course. I don't see a Hong Konger getting my very American way of speaking down pat.

Then again, let's see if he'll get better at it as time progresses.

No comments: