Friday, November 25, 2022

FMM: Thankfully yours

Yesterday, our family in the US celebrated Thanksgiving Day.

Seeing photos of the families in TX and GA, and how they've gathered to celebrate this day put a smile, both on my face and in my heart. 

Just like Christmas, I think Thanksgiving should be celebrated everyday. This is a cliche, but there's really so much to be thankful for in life. From waking up, to being with family and friends, to doing things you love to do, to making a difference in other people's lives - all these things happen everyday. 

Whenever I hear online mass at Santurario de San Antonio, one of the songs they sing most often is a church song classic which was written in 1978. And given the theme and lyrics of the song, it's a fitting Friday Magic Madness song for today.

"Give Thanks" is such an uplifting song. While many singers have their own rendition of this song, choir versions are always my favourite because it reminds me of singing it in church. Both as a kid, a teen, and now as an adult.

That's something to be thankful for.

No comments: