Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Abi there

For a teacher, one of the greatest joys is seeing your student thrive and succeed in the professional world.

That's exactly how I felt after having dinner with one of my former students, all the way in Seoul!


Abi was one of my Advertising students in SSC. After graduation, she pursued a career in Advertising Media, working for A-list media companies like Starcomm.

Eventually, she spread her wings further and took on an overseas posting in BKK. There, she continued to impress her bosses until they offered her another posting in Seoul.  Knowing she was there, meeting up with her was one of the items on my agenda for this trip. 

Listening to her story reminded me so much of myself during my younger days. (Albeit I was older than her when the expat life beckoned.) This made for great conversation while waiting for our Chicken Galbi to cook.

Knowing her as a student and hearing how she is now, I'm sure this is just the start of a very successful career in Advertising for her. Whether it's here or there or anywhere.

No comments: