Friday, November 11, 2022

FMM: Modern Soul

When the New Wave music wave was in full swing in the 80s, my older siblings would listen to it a lot. Whether it was on a cassette tape or playing on WLS-FM 97.1, I'd remember afternoons when these upbeat ditties would fill the air.

One of the more popular bands during that decade was Modern Talking. This German duo had several global hits that were 80s anthems. I mean, who doesn't know "Brother Louie," right? If you're from our generation, you'll know this song.

While the Seoul hangover is still there, today's Friday Magic Madness song is an homage both to Seoul and to Modern Talking. Cue "You're my Heart, You're my Soul."


Even if you listen to this 1984 song today, it won't sound out of place. The instrumentation, synth, and beat still sounds current now as it was then. Amazing considering the song is almost 40 years old.

That's how modern 80s songs sound.

No comments: