Friday, August 05, 2022

FMM: Double-Cross (My heart)

Today's Friday Magic Madness song is inspired by yesterday's post on those crosses purchased online. So, you can call it a double-feature.

Truth be told, while typing that blog title, this song was playing in my head.

"Cross my heart" is one of the most iconic songs by Everything But The Girl. Although it was released in 1986, I only became familiar with this song in the mid-90s. This group was introduced to me by Danz, who would play it in their work area, and sometimes in his car when I'd ride home with him.

There's something very soothing and calming about this song. More than just the way it's sung, it's also the lyrics. It's so easy to visualize this song because of the intricacy of the lytics. 

Bonus: this is the first song that I heard that actually used the word "appalled" in the lyrics. How boffo is that?

That's why until now, this song is one of my faves that's played on repeat.

And that's no lie. Cross my heart.


No comments: