Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Of Biblical proportions

One of the books that I liked reading as a child was the bible. The moment my Christian Living teacher told us the story of Adam and Eve, I knew I had to read more.

To date, it's one of the most fascinating books I've read. From the stories in Genesis, to the stories of women like Ruth and Esther, to the sometimes frightening stories in Revelations, everything was so vividly written. As I read them, I'd imagine the locales, the characters and the situations that occur.

Lately, I've noticed a lot of bible-themed films on screen. And it's great how Hollywood is taking notice of this wonderful source of stories.

First, there was "Son of God."



Then, there was "Noah."



Today, I found out that there's a movie that retells the story of Moses and Ramses that's coming out in December.



While I haven't seen the first 2 films (which means I have to buy a DVD or look for it on youtube), I'll make sure that I watch "Exodus." It's one of my favorite stories in the bible, and I even remember buying a book entitled "Ramses." And if that isn't reason enough, it's Ridley Scott who directed the film. They even have Sigourney Weaver there, too.

That's definitely something to look forward to.


No comments: