Monday, July 21, 2014

Misheard

Still on the subject of lyrics, my colleagues and I were talking about songs with misheard lyrics.

We had a barrel of laughs talking about friends who would sing songs the wrong way just because of the lyrics. And among the plethora of songs we talked about, here are 3 of my favorite songs that were actually sang by people I knew:

1. "Whoops now" by Janet Jackson



Lyrics that my SMC officemate sang: "Whoops now, sabi ng Tita ko... Whoops now, sabi ng Tita ko..." (I didn't know Janet Jackson could speak Tagalog.)
Actual lyrics: "Whoops now, sorry I can't go. Whoops now, sorry I can't go."

2. "Lanca Perfume" by Rita Lee



Lyrics that our former maid sang: "Lasang, lasang Kankunis" (She was drinking tea, perhaps?)
Actual lyrics: "Lanca, lanca perfume."


3. "New Age Girl" by Dead Eye Dick


Lyrics that my officemate sang: "She don't eat meat, but she showers like a boy." (She does what?)
Actual lyrics: "She don't eat meat, but she sure likes the bone."

In the course of the conversation, there were also a lot of funny Tagalog ones. But I'll leave that for later.



No comments: