Saturday, July 26, 2014

Fowled out

 In the continuing sandwich saga...

Since I bought a big pack of Ciabatta bread, and had leftover ingredients in the fridge, I decided to make another sandwich at the office last week. Now, the 4-cheese sandwich was good, but I thought it was the time to "lift" the sandwich and add some smoky flavor.



Enter the fowls - chicken and turkey ham in particular.


These 2 hams each offered a different flavor and texture, so bringing them together gave the sandwich a very bold flavor. I started layering the ingredients, starting with herb and garlic butter, then lettuce, then caesar dressing, chicken ham, cheese, turkey ham and mozzarella cheese.


The 2 cheeses and the 2 hams really upped the flavor ante for this sandwich.


I made sure that I took a photo of the finished product before chowing down.


I added a side of potato chips, and I was good to go.


After finishing the sandwich, there was still one ciabatta bread left. Now I have to figure out what to do with that.



No comments: