Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sail away


Way back in high school, Regatta was THE brand if you wanted to look "preppy."

Their clothes clearly had a strong nautical influence, and they looked classy and were well-made. Not a surprise since the original owners of Regatta were members of the Zobel family.

On hindsight, Regatta was the Philippine version of Nautica, with a little bit of Polo Ralph Lauren thrown into the mix.

I used to buy clothes at Regatta all the way up to college. It was one of my go-to stores, along with another preppy brand - Blued.

But as time passed by and more brands were introduced in Manila, I found myself drifting away from Regatta.

That was until today.

When I passed by Shangri-la Mall's new East Wing, I found myself inside a Regatta store once again. There were some pieces that caught my attention, particularly their striped shirts. Then, I focused my attention on their jean rack, and ended up buying these two pairs.


I must say, I was impressed by the quality of these 2 pairs. First, the colors were very nice - one was blue black, and the other one had this slightly faded, vintage quality. The denim was so soft, and it was easy to move while wearing it. And the fit - at least for my body - was immaculate. It falls right on the hip, the leg area was fitted but not tight, and the hem was just the right length.

And yes, they were also unbelievably priced since they're on sail. I mean sale.


They should come up with more jeans like these. I'll surely drift back to Regatta when they do.

No comments: