Tuesday, March 18, 2014

No J. Lo

When I realized that this year is the 20th anniversary of InStyle, there was one question in my mind:

"Who will their September cover girl be?"

Being the September 2014 cover girl is an honor twice over. Aside from being the biggest issue of the year, it's the 20th anniversary of the biggest issue of the year. So, it's a coveted cover assignment.

Initially, I was thinking that J. Lo might be their September 2014 cover girl. She's a favorite of InStyle, and I remember her on the cover of the 15th anniversary issue, and also on the September 2012 issue. So she's a likely candidate. But after seeing the cover of this month's InStyle, she's suddenly out of the running.


Second on my list is Drew Barrymore. She has the distinction of having the most cover appearances on InStyle. Also, she was the September 2013 cover girl, and that can be both an advantage and disadvantage.

Other possible contenders for the cover - at least in my mind - are Gwyneth Paltrow, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston, Beyonce or Cameron Diaz.

But if you ask me who I'd want to be on the September cover of InStyle? That's simple.

Julia Roberts!!!



After all, it's been 11 years since her last InStyle cover appearance. So I think it's about time for her to make a comeback.

Other women I'd like to see on the cover include: Cate Blanchett, Hilary Swank, and their first ever cover girl - Barbra Streisand!

Gosh! I have to wait 6 months more before I finally find out the answer.

No comments: