Monday, June 24, 2013

Stripes over flowers

It's no secret that I'm a fan of unusual pairings. Whether it's print or print or clashing colors, I think that putting two odd elements together makes for a nice visual treat.

Pretty much like this pair from The Surplus Shop that I whipped up for my sister:


The first piece I bought was this pair of floral print jeans in dark fatigue. The fit is relaxed, which goes well with the overall vibe of the jeans.


Instead of going the usual route and pairing it with a plain t-shirt (much like I did for the other printed pants,) I thought of going a bit off kilter and paired it with a blue pin-striped shirt. Initially, I wasn't sure if it would work. But after seeing them together, I thought: "Not bad. Not bad at all.)


Even up close, you can see how the two seemingly disjointed items can actually come together nicely.



Yes, Virginia, I really like playing with prints.

No comments: