Saturday, June 01, 2013

Hola Ombre

The ombre trend in clothes isn't really that new. In fact, it's been coming and going for the past decade or so. It's been on dresses, shirts, gowns, even cardigans. Who can forget Julia Roberts' ombre twin set in the film "Notting Hill."


I've been seeing a lot of ombre pieces lately, and I'm  having a bit of an ombre moment. Last May, I found two interesting ombre jeans in different stores, and I couldn't help but gravitate towards them. These two jeans ended up with me, and one is for Ate Lissa, while the other one I got for myself.


The jeans have varying stages of ombre-ness. With Ate Lissa's jeans, the ombre is very pronounced as the dark wash part is very short and it immediately fades in to the lighter shade. My pair is more subtle, with the light blue part dominating the pair, and it slowly fades to white.


It's easier to see the difference when they're side by side.


I'm not a trendy guy and usually don't subscribe to trends. But I think I'll give ombre jeans a shot. That is until the trend fades away.

No comments: