Saturday, June 22, 2013

By George!

When people tell me that I look like Steve Martin, I'm actually no longer surprised. After all, since college, I've heard that comment from some of my classmates. Heck, even some of D' Frendz told me that way back in our college years. And the most recent person who told me that was a client who - after my lengthy presentation - could only comment: "You know, you look like Steve Martin."

Classic!

I'm thinking that it might be because of the smile. Steve Martin has the same "smiley face" that people say I have.

After that, there was a slew of other names of personalities who I supposedly look-alike. There's Zachary Quinto, Josh Hartnett, Andrew Garfield, among others. My theory is that whenever people see someone with thick eyebrows, they automatically remember me. Harhar.

In tonight's shoot, there's another name that was added to the list. And I found out from my colleague, Ferdie, after we had this conversation:

HIM: Naku, Lester, may ikukuwento ako sa'yo.
ME: What?
HIM: Matutuwa ka.
ME: What?
HIM: Tinanong ko kasi yung talent kung na-clear na ng creatives yung look and make up nila, tapos sabi nila, tapos na daw. Tinanong ko kung sino ang nag-clear, and sabi nila, yung lalaki. 
ME: And?
HIM: Siyempre, sabi ko, "Sinong lalaki? Ang dami-daming lalaki sa studio na 'to?"
ME: Okay, and...?
HIM: Sabi nung girl: "Yung lalaking matangkad. Yung kamukha ni George Clooney."
ME: And...?
HIM: Ikaw 'yun! Ikaw na! Ikaw na ang kamukha ni George Clooney!

This reminds me of a photo of Dad that Ate Lissa posted, and one of our Titos said that Daddy looks like George Clooney.

So, I therefore conclude that I really, really look like...

My Dad! (But hey, if someone says I look like George Clooney, who am I to complain. Harhar.)


No comments: