Sunday, June 23, 2013

SM-thing old. SM-thing new.

One of the many reasons I enjoy shopping at SM is the fact that most of what they sell are classics and timeless. In fact, they're so classic and timeless that it's so easy to mix and match things that I bought recently, with ones that I bought a few years ago.

Here's a perfect example:

Today, I saw this pair of blue brogues at the Milanos section of The SM Store. Initially, I wasn't planning to buy it, mainly because I already have a pair of blue brogues that look very similar to this. But I thought of trying it, and boy, I'm so glad that I did! They're so light and comfortable, it felt like I was walking on air. Very blue and very fashionable air, that is. Needless to say, I bought the pair.


When I got home, I started to look for items in my closet that would go well with this new pair of shoes. That led me to this pair of jeans from Baleno. It's another in-house brand at SM which carries fashionable basics. If memory serves me right, this pair was bought almost 2 years ago. And it still looks current, even until now.


Then, I found this chambray shirt, also from Baleno. This shirt is more than a year old, and it still looks as good as they day I bought them. Talk about good quality. And proper washing, of course.


With these three items - all from SM but all bought across 2 years - I was able to come up with something to wear for work. It's a look that's a combination of classic cuts with a youthful vibe. All in blue, of course.


I'm sure I'll find another item to top up this look the next time I go to SM. Which is most likely very soon.

In the meantime, I'll be looking at this: https://www.facebook.com/TheSMStore

No comments: