Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Holiday on a bus

Since I take the bus on my way to work, I get to see a wide variety of "bus films."

Most often, they're pirated DVD versions of films that are currently showing. For example, the bus I took last week from Ortigas to Cubao was showing "After Earth."

There are the perennial B-movies. These are straight-to-DVD American films that star no-name actors in films with ridiculous plots and bad special effects.

Then, there are the Pinoy classics. Or old Filipino films - the ages of which vary from the 80s (Chiquito films) and the 90s (some Ronnie Ricketts action flicks) to some films from the mid to late 2000s.

Just when I thought I've seen it all, today's bus ride from Cubao to Ortigas had a surprising choice for a bus film.



Yup, they were showing the Audrey Hepburn classic, "Roman Holiday." Needless to say, most of the passengers were oblivious to it, but I was transfixed on the screen.

Heck, I even thought of going all the way to Makati just so I could finish the film. Harhar.

No comments: