Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Candy Land

One of the best parts of Christmas is wrapping Christmas gifts. And as a lot of people know, I put as much thought in wrapping as I do with the gift inside.

I was reviewing my Christmas themes for the past 6 years and noticed that they were all very adult in aesthetic. They were mostly fabric patterns, dark or muted colors, and very grown up in sophistication.



But as the adage goes, Christmas is for children. So this year, I decided to tap my inner child (which wasn't really that hard to do because I'm notorious for my immaturity), and thought of a theme that's fun, a bit frivolous, light and happy.

And that's what brought me to Candy Land!



First, I found this nifty candy themed wrapping paper at National Bookstore. The white background serves as the perfect canvas for the cute candy canes in happy colors.



Next, I found ribbons (all the way in Divisoria!) that echoed the colors of the candy print. I snagged ribbons in lime, orange, fuschia and cerrulean.



To complete the candy theme, I decided to make the gift a bit sweeter by adding a lollipop! It's made by Nelson's, and I learned about them because the owners are friends of my sister-in-law's family. Then, add a cute, candy tag, and we're set.



Add all those elements together, and we have this!



A sweet, child-like approach to celebrating the holidays.



Now excuse me, I have some wrapping to do.

No comments: