Sunday, November 14, 2010

Present-ing

With around 40 days to go before Christmas, the hunt for Christmas presents is intensifying. Nowadays, whenever I see something tres interesting, my first question is: "Can I give this as a gift? Who can I give it to?"

Good thing that I'm in constant contact with my godchildren's parents. At least I can get a "wish list" from them.

One thing I learned from them is that my godchildren have very "mature" tastes when it comes to presents. One godson likes to collect books and DVDs on the 2nd World War. Another goddaughter is into ancient Egypt, and wants to collect National Geographic DVDs on the aforementioned subject. Whatever happened to Barbie dolls and toy soldiers?

And one breakthrough in my present shopping is the fact that I already have a gift for one of my nieces. Family is always the most difficult people to buy presents for, and I usually find myself in a last minute scramble to find gifts for them. The fact that I already have one for a family member - in the middle of November - is a sign that I'm gaining ground.

Hopefully, I'll cross out half of my Christmas list before this month ends. That way, I can start deciding the theme for my Christmas wrapping this year.

No comments: