Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lanvin Looking

While most of the world was going crazy over the Lanvin X H&M collection, (I heard the reception was lukewarm in Japan and some parts of Europe) I had a Lanvin-esqe project of my own.

Bonique is attending a wedding on December 9, and it's one of the 4 weddings she needs to attend in a span of 6 weeks. Since these weddings are spaced closely to each other, and she's going to bump into the same people in every wedding, she needed to be styled differently for each wedding. She asked if my sister had pieces from their wardrobe that would suit her, and if she could borrow them.

And given my sisters' vast wardrobe selection, of course she can.

Since Audrey looks like Suri Cruise, it was but natural that I got inspiration from Audrey/Suri's Mom, Katie Holmes.



Here, she wears an asymmetrical Lanvin jersey gown in nude, with matching nude pumps. Simple and super chic.

For Bonique, I took out Ate Bullet's aubergine one shouldered jersey gown, which was the same style as this one that Katie's wearing. Then I paired it with black, open toe 'D Orsay pumps. Finally, for the final styling touch, I got a black, vintage style bangle and a black mock-croc structured clutch.

Bonique was very happy with the look and everything fits her well. So, she'll be debuting this style on the 9th of December.

I have to remember to ask for pictures so I can create a "side by side" post of the original and the reinterpreted Lanvin look.

No comments: