Monday, November 08, 2010

Gunn Laws

One of the gifts I received from Mark was this book by Tim Gunn.



Unlike his other books which are centered on style and make-overs, this is more of Tim's personal journey through life and the lessons he learned from all this experiences. It chronicles where his line "Make it Work" came from, as well as how he "made it work" for himself.

I've read 3 chapters already and the book is interesting as it is insightful. Part of my interest comes from all the juicy insider stories that Tim tells in the book. Some interesting tidbits include:

- Jay Nicolas Sario was the Kenley Collins of season 7. Although it wasn't shown on TV, it turns out that Jay was very rude to Tim in and out of the workroom.
- He once saw Andre Talley being fed grapes by his assistant.
- Irina's mom KNEW her daughter would win.

This is the kind of book that's so exciting, I'm trying to read it bit by bit to savor each chapter.

I just hope I have enough self control to do that.

No comments: