Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yes, Yes, Yo(gurt)

Way, waaaaayyyyy before the Fro-Yo invasion in Manila, I was already a fan of yogurt.

My first recollection of yogurt was when Tita Evelyn, Tito Agustin and my cousins from Spain would come to Manila for their vacation. Tita would always buy and stock up on yogurt, and one time, Yoly asked me to try it. I didn't like it the first time (it was the plain variety, so it was like eating sour cream), but it left me curious about it and why my Spanish relatives liked it so much.

In high school, I'd buy and eat yogurt occasionally, and liked it because they started coming out with flavors. When I went to Europe in 2001, that's when my love for yogurt went full blast!

Yogurt was cheap in Europe, so it was a healthy, yummy and cheap snack that I could buy at Albertheijn, El Corte Ingles, and Carrefour. My favorite brand was Danone and my favorite flavor was black cherry. They sold them in packs of 4, and I could finish all 4 in one day!

In Manila, Nestle yogurt is my hands down favorite. Their berry mix flavor is awe-to-the-some!

And when the yogurt ice cream stores started popping up, it just added to my fondness for this creamy, sweet/sour concoction.

Just when I thought that I've tried everything yogurt-y, I discover this concoction from Kenny Rogers!



Kenny Rogers' yogurt shakes are DA BOMB! I saw them preparing it, and they just add fruit, yogurt and ice! No added ingredients, no added sugar, just the healthy goodness of fruit and yogurt. And the result is divine! I tried the grape one for lunch, and ended up buying another glass in the evening for dinner. And that's just one flavor! There are 3 more just waiting to be tried.

And the yogurt obsession continues...

No comments: