Monday, October 25, 2010

Making a list

One more week and it'll be November, and that just heightens the fact that Christmas is just around the proverbial corner. Actually, it feels like Christmas is just a few feet away!

A few years ago, I'd make my Christmas list in August and start shopping for gifts in September. When I was living in HKG, I'd start Christmas shopping as early as - hmmm, January - because it was Asia's Shopping Mecca after all. Despite shopping early, I'd always have a bout of last minute shopping on the 24th of December.

"The list" last year was a bit late, though. I think I drew it up around November and only started shopping that same month. Surprisingly, it wasn't as frenetic as the past years. Which leads me to conclude that planning late might not be such a bad idea.

Since I've got a "master list" from last year, holiday gift shopping will hopefully be less stressful this year. All I need to do now is find the list in my computer, open it up, and update the names and gift allocations on the list. So it'll be very easy to manage the list.

After making the list, it's time to figure out what this year's gift wrapping theme would be.

And that's the more difficult part.

No comments: