Monday, October 18, 2010

Muji Madness



Finally, they've opened Muji here in Manila!

When I was still living in HKG, Muji was my favorite destination for snacks. Their Japanese rice crackers were yummy, and their breads were light with the right amount of sweetness. Then, their candies and juices were also good.

They tried this "no frills" concept in the Philippines once. The store was called "Anonymous" and it was clearly a Muji knock-off. But for people who haven't seen or heard of Muji, the concept was actually quite original. Anonymous - albeit popular when it started - lost its appeal and eventually closed down. Which is good because it'll pale in comparison to the original.

Was planning to go there this weekend, but Kin told me the queues were crazy and it was madness inside the High Street store. She captured the scene very vividly in words: "Muji is like Forever 21 for 40-somethings!" Brilliant, Kin!

I'll give it a week, then I'm off to invade Muji. Can't wait to get my hands on those crackers, breads and candies!

1 comment:

Maryaballs said...

Sir, where is MUJI here in the Phil?