Monday, March 15, 2010

Suddenly Shabayeva

While reading the March issue of Marie Claire magazine, I saw an article on the winner of Project Runway season 6, Irina Shabayeva. Since I never got to watch - much less follow - season 6, I was completely clueless about the competition and who won. It turns out that, like season 5, the top 3 were all girls: Carol, Althea and the eventual winner - Irina.



Irina Shabayeva was supposedly the resident bitch of the batch. Unlike Kenley who was rude to everyone, including Heidi and Tim, she was just nasty to her co-designers. There was even a "Sweatergate" issue when she accused Carol of copying her design - in front of the judges. But she was never rude to Tim, especially since the two of them worked together when she was still a student at Parson's.



They say Irina had an "attitude." I didn't watch the series so I wouldn't know. But I saw her collection and what Irina has is talent. Her collection of black and gray wool clothes with those intricate criss-cross patterns were so nice. They were architectural but soft, strong but feminine. I like the fact that she also made felt hats to go with the entire collection. It gives it that whole "spaceman-meets-equestrian-vibe."



After reading about Irina, suddenly I'm interested in watching the entire season 6. This is a job for St. Francis Square!

No comments: