Friday, March 19, 2010

Lunch with a Dear

David's Tea House was full to the rafters, so Mark and I decided to skip to the restaurant next door and had lunch at Yellow Cab Pizza. I got to choose the pasta so he was in charge of choosing the pizza. And he eventually chose something dear.



I've seen the posters and billboards for the Dear Darla pizza for many months now, but never got around to try it. And boy, I'm glad that Mark ordered it. It's AWESOME!

At the risk of sounding like a food critic, I must say that the combination of flavors and textures is just phenomenal. The hint of bitterness from the arugula mixes well with the light sweetness of the alfalfa sprouts. Add in the flavor of the pizza sauce, cheese and garlic, and wrap it up in a light crust - it was such a treat for the taste buds!

I think that after this, Dear Darla will be my mostest favoritest pizza at Yellow Cab.

But then again, if they decide to put anchovies on that pizza and call it another name (like Dear Dilis), then that would be my mostestest favoritestest.

No comments: