Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sentimental favorite

Another personality has joined Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze and Michael Jackson in that big 80s party up in the sky.



Teddy Pendergrass passed away, leaving behind a legacy of beautiful and heartwarming songs. My favorite Teddy song is "In my time." This was sung around the late 80s, and it was an inspiring song set against a sad melody.

What I remember most about it is the MTV. Teddy was singing on stage from his wheelchair. At the time he recorded the song, he was already paralyzed from waist down due to a car accident. Despite that, he went on singing, and coming up with more soulful ditties one after the other.

Even up to now, I get sentimental when I hear "In my time." And now that the singer has passed on, it gives me another reason to feel sentimental about it.

No comments: