Friday, October 23, 2009

Worth the trip

It was a very short and quite tiring trip. In fact, I felt like I didn't even leave.

But there were a number of things that made that very short and quite tiring trip worthwhile. Among them: finally meeting my colleagues from the head office, buying my favorite American goodies at K-mart, eating at Denny's, and - of course, this:





"This" being a Max Azria Runway dress that I got at their GPO outlet before I went to the airport this afternoon. It's not just a dress, but it's an exquisite, precious and gorgeous dress. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it on the rack, and it skipped some more after seeing the price.



It's made out of taffeta in tartan with inserts of plain burgundy. The construction is just mind blowing, just look at the details on the bodice. The shirring is so precise.



The back has an exposed zipper, which is a trend that's been around since last year, and is still making the rounds this season. This gives the dress that raw, rock and roll vibe.



The skirt is gathered in 3 different places. When worn, it creates this interesting shape and texture. Overall, the dress brings to mind Vivienne Westwood - this feels like something she would make. And wear.



I know the perfect pair of shoes for this dress. It's a pair I spotted a few days ago, and it'll definitely make this dress rock! Now I need to make that trip and get those shoes tomorrow.

No comments: