Monday, October 12, 2009

Classic with a twist

It's one of the most common phrases in fashion parlance. If a person runs out of words to describe a piece of clothing, the "classic with a twist" line always works. (Similar to the advertising industry's "Authoritative yet friendly" and wine drinker's "It's a good year.")

On my trip to the haunt today, I found this dress which is the embodiment of this overused line:



This sheath is made of a soft and elegant wool material. The color is gray, and is actually a result of the melding of the black and white wool. The fabric is almost "tweed-y", but without being too nubby. The cut and construction are both very classic, and it's the type of dress that goes from day to night.

And where's the twist?



The twist is literally a twist. The neckline has a twisted detail that makes the silhoutte very fresh. Subtle details like this always catch my eye, and that's the reason why I couldn't get my eyes off this piece.

No comments: