Sunday, October 04, 2009

Golden Boy

In my case, one of the best indicators of how time flies by so fast is seeing my nephews and nieces grow up. One minute, you're carrying them around, giving them baths, taking them to Dreamscape, and buying them toys for Christmas. The next minute, they're college students in the U.S., starting to reach my height, and talking with baritone voices much lower than mine.

While I was busy with reality (i.e. work, school, and yes, shopping), my nephew Kevin didn't just grow up, he grew up kicking major butt as a member of Ateneo's judo team.



He's competed in numerous UAAP tournaments, and won.



He added another gold medal to his haul today, and I found out through Ate Bullet who excitedly texted me a few minutes after his victory. (And uploaded these photos a few hours after.)


He definitely has a long way to go in terms of his chosen sport - maybe even all the way to the Olympics!

No comments: