Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not an autobiography



Caught this movie last night, and it lived up to its expectations. It was fun, uncomplicated, and high on the "feel good" factor. Since it was the first day of showing, the theater was packed. The audience would scream, sigh and shriek in unison whenever Rebecca Bloomwood would do something zany - and that shows how the movie strikes a chord in the hearts of the viewers.

Mark kept on telling me that this was my story, and I kept saying "no." Although the lead character and I do have some similarities (we're both writers, we both like to shop and both our hearts jump at the sight of a bargain), I haven't been eyeball deep in debt because of shopping. And I have no intentions to.

Maybe I should meet Rebecca and teach her a thing or two about frugal fashion.

No comments: