Thursday, February 26, 2009

Catching up on Gossip

Just like Joannah and Gracie Lou, I'm kinda late in the whole "Gossip Girl" game. Everyone was raving about it, and I couldn't find time to watch it. But once I did, I found myself going through season 1 in one sitting, and catching the new season on ETC.

Their observations are right, it feels like 90210 meets Melrose Place. (Incidentally, both Aaron Spelling shows.) It isn't rocket science but more of a guilty pleasure. Blake Lively and Leighton Meister make bitching and backstabbing look cute. And while the storyline may be a tad bit predictable, the actors give it a fresh spin.



On hindsight, I think Gossip Girl is more like an adult version of the Archie Saga. If Riverdale were in the Upper East Side, this show would be it.



Imagine, Serena is Betty, Blair is Veronica, Nate is Archie, and Chuck is Reggie. Now I'm not sure where Dan fits in. He's too small to be Moose and too much a jock to be Dilton. An Archie alternate perhaps?

I must say that the voice of GG at the end of each episode says it all: "You know you love me." And like Joannah and Gracie Lou, I've fallen in love with Gossip Girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so on with the Archie comparison! Veronica and Blair and Serena and Betty even look alike!