Monday, February 09, 2009

Having a Field day

During my trip to HKG a week ago, Marks & Sparks was one of the few stores open during the CNY holiday. Because of the lack of better things to do, I wandered in - even if I often find M&S a bit too basic and wanting in style.

The huge "Further Reductions" sign called to me, and amidst the ordinary-ness, there were a couple of pieces from Patricia Field's capsule collection. And "Further Reductions" lived up to its claim. Some of the items were 70%-80% off. How can a person resist?

As expected, it was slim pickings. But among these 3 items, the 1st and 2nd ones were available. I ended up getting the one in the middle because of the nice interplay of jacquard and silk.



When I went to M&S in Shangri-la this afternoon, the turquoise dress was still available, and the price tag also read 70% off. So how can you resist a deal like that?

This Fuschia number was also available, and surprisingly, it was cheaper than a lot of the local dresses floating around the market today. Since they still had a lot of sizes available, I'm giving it a few days.



Finally, this rose puffball dress is also still available, albeit in 2 sizes only. The price isn't that bad - about the same price as a dress in Zara or at The Ramp. The downside is that it's a very "evening party" dress, so it's a bit difficult to dress it down for work or a morning gathering. Methinks Ate still has a number of new evening party dresses to use.



Then again, I'll give it another day or two. If it's still there, I'll use the "Mona philosophy" of "it's meant to be." But will it be? We'll find out by the end of the week.

No comments: