Friday, July 18, 2008

Yeoh Girl



I've always enjoyed watching Michelle Yeoh, even during her earlier days as a martial arts actress in virtually unknown Hong Kong films. My admiration for her solidified after watching "The Soong Sisters" - a Chinese film that my Chinese colleagues were shocked to know I watched. And when she finally "made it" to Hollywood via "Tomorrow Never Dies" - her James Bond flick - I was happy to know that the whole world was in love with her as well.

While in the queue to buy tickets for "The Dark Night" at Greenbelt, I was able to check out some movie posters. And Michelle Yeoh doesn't have one, but two big Hollywood films coming up. There's "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" with Brendan Fraser, and "Babylon A.D." with Vin Diesel. This comes right after a string of hits like "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Sunshine" - both of which I've seen, of course.

Two more new movies with her. Two more reasons to look forward to watching movies.

No comments: