Thursday, July 10, 2008

Life is shorts

Maybe it's a case of "sabbatical-chic." For more than a month now, I've been wearing shorts everyday. Yes, every single day. (Well, except for days when I'm traveling because I can never get myself to wear shorts during a flight. Looking shabby during a flight is so not cool.) If memory serves me right, I was in shorts most of the time in Japan. (The exceptions were Mark's graduation and the trip from Urasa to Tokyo.) And I'm liking this short lifestyle. It also helps that the weather nowadays is conducive to this kind of attire.

I've had a variety of comments from people who are sartorially familiar with me. One said: "You look so relaxed." The other said: "Para kang turista sa Pilipinas." And another quipped: "I wish I could dress up like that everyday."

Not surprisingly, my recent shopping trip in HKG yielded shorts as opposed to the usual jeans. Was able to get 2 pairs at H&M and 1 at Zara. Whenever I meander around Glorietta or Galleria, I'm drawn to shops that have shorts in their window display. Even at home, my shorts have been "promoted" to the top shelf of my closet.

Really, I can get used to this. But I know that somewhere in my closet, a hundred pairs of jeans are getting restless.

No comments: