Tuesday, July 08, 2008

In Tens Sale

Looks like inflation is also hitting fast fashion brands.

When I checked out the Zara sale in IFC this weekend, the was one glaring difference. The prices have gone up by HK$10.

The past 3 years I've been checking out (and participating in) the Zara sale, their initial price points were:

HK$69
HK$99
HK$189
HK$259
HK$389

Looking at this sale's price range, the blouses were at HK$79 and HK$109, the dresses were at HK$199, HK$259 and HK$399. Not surprisingly though, this hasn't deterred the shoppers. The queue at Zara last Saturday was crazy-long! After all, around the Asia region, Zara Hong Kong is the cheapest during sale season. Heck, they even mark down a HK$499 dress to HK$59 on the 5th or 6th week.

When I shared this little factoid with a friend who was also in HKG this weekend, she furrowed her brows and said: "Why do you even remember the prices from 3 years ago?"

As I've told Mark before, I think I've got sales down to a science.

No comments: