Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sweet Treat

This afternoon, Melvin and I decided to drop by Elements to get to know the mall a bit more. He was looking for a watch for Shash, and I was planning to buy a hoodie at H&M. After a quick stop at H&M and finding out that they didn't have a kids section, we looked around for a Victorinox shop, and we found one in a jiffy.

While Melvin was choosing a watch, I decided to meander around the area and found this enticing dark wood shop with chocolates on the display window. It was a shop called Deschamps.



Being a chocoholic, I immediately went inside the shop. Drawn by the elegant brown interiors coupled with gold leaf motifs inside.



Lo and behold, the shop offered more than just chocolates. Just like Sonja's in Serendra, they also had scrumptuous and mean looking cupcakes.



I bought 4 cupcakes, (which costs about P130 each) and chose them for their visual impact. The two cupcakes were SO impactful, I ended up eating them even before we left the mall. (Mark says my emotional quotient isn't so high. Harhar.) The ones that didn't reach the pictorial were peppermint and orange.



The ones that made it were the cookies and cream cupcake.



And my favorite, the Dark Cherry cupcake. (Save the best for last, that's what I always say.)



The cupcakes aren't as sweet as the ones that Sonja's sells. I think it's a cultural thing, Chinese folks aren't into super sweet things, unlike us Filipinos. The peppermint cupcake at Sonja's is diabetes inducing, while the one at Deschamps has the right balance of coolness and sweetness.

I promised myself that I'd eat the Dark Cherry cupcake tomorrow.

Better go to bed now.

2 comments:

K.noizki said...

Ohnoes, I want one of those. I'll go with the cookies & cream.

Where is Elements again? I'm so behind what's new in TST.

K

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey K, Elements is above Kowloon station, so you can take the Tung Chung line from Central and go down the next station.

You should try the Dark Cherry one. It's AWWWWWEEEEESOME!