Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Now this is advertising...

I've seen a couple of ads for film festivals the past year but this particular one wasn't one of them. In fact, today was the first time I saw this ad. (Well, I'm in Manila 3 days in a month and I rarely see commercials anyway.) All I can say is that this is an excellent piece of work. It kept me glued to the screen every second, and when the high point was revealed, my reaction was: "Wow! This is brilliant!" Of course it was followed by a big smile.

It's no wonder this won the Gold Trophy for film in the recent Ad Congress in Subic.



Watching commercials like this makes me miss working in Manila. Our work there is remarkably better - both in TV and Print. The outdoor and ambient advertising in HK is excellent, though. They know how to play with their outdoor media, and they really have a lot of fun experimenting with it.

When I attended their annual creative awards shindig a few weeks ago, my observation was that their winners might not even make ad of the month in the Creative Guild awards. And seeing this TVC from Manila further solidifies that.

Gosh. I want to go back to making ads like these.

No comments: