Saturday, November 17, 2007

Starting Early

I'm a notorious last minute Christmas shopper. This might come as a surprise to a lot of people because they think that I shop most of the time anyway. But Christmas shopping is a totally different discipline - each gift should be given a lot of thought and bespoke to the recepient.

There were times when I'd be rushing off to a mall on the 24th of December, yes, the 24th of December, just to look for a gift for my parents. Then at 11pm on Christmas eve, I'd be in my room still wrapping gifts while everyone is downstairs eating. That's how last minute I can get.

This year, I'm trying to change that. My target is to finish Christmas shopping at least a week before Christmas day (good luck to me) so I can just focus on enjoying the festivities. And driven by that goal, I've spend the last 2 days dropping by shops near the flat to look for gifts. And the past 2 days were successful because I was able to buy around 40 gifts!



Yup, I've shopped for Christmas loot early this year, and it looks like I've covered at least half of my list. Sasa was my favorite place the past few days because they've got loads of cool gifts that are useful as they are pretty. Was also able to get a couple of shirts from Lane Crawford and some other apparel at Maple.



Looks like my gift buying target is attainable after all. I just hope I can do the same when it comes to wrapping.

=============================================

Oh, it's Noah's birthday today! Happy Birthday Noah!

No comments: