Sunday, August 26, 2007

P.S.

This one's for Arnie.


Oftentimes, we'd talk about the young, dynamic duo of American fashion - Proenza Schouler. When they launched their capsule collection for Target this year, Arnie was in New York and bought a few key pieces. I told her that she was lucky for being able to. It turns out that today, i'd be the lucky one.

I was just supposed to accompany Ovvian and Mona to one of my favorite shopping haunts. In fact, I told them that I left my credit card at home to discourage me from spending. As they were going crazy over the shoes, I decided to do some browsing on my own. And this is where I saw this Proenza Schouler tweed dress.


It has one of the signature looks of the duo - the cup-like bustier. Their early collections were identified by this trademark, and i'm glad that this dress had it.


The best part of this dress is that I got it for about 80% off! It was the last on the rack, and I reckon Lane Crawford just wanted to dispose of it, ergo the price. It was tucked in a very remote part of the store, but still, I found it.

Yes, I broke my promise yet again. Not only did I buy that, I also ended up with 3 more designer pieces.

An Alberta Ferretti dress in distressed chiffon and jersey.


A Diane Von Furstenburg "Olivier" dress which fuses together snakeskin prints with black lace. It sounds like an odd combination, but you can trust DVF to make it work.




Lastly, a Max Azria dress that was a steal.


I let the Narciso Rodriguez dress pass today. But i'll go back next week, and if it's still there - it's definitely a sign!

3 comments:

arniedelusong said...

now THIS takes the cake. proenza and schouler. and their signature dress with the bustier-type detail. hate hate hate hmpf :P innggeeet

arniedelusong said...

and you know what? you need a mannequin na :) hehe am getting mine this week...

Dazed and Confused said...

Arnie! I had to do a double take when I saw the dress to make sure that I got the price right! After that, I was clinging to it like anything. Yesterday was definitely a Sartorial Sunday.

I'm not sure about the mannequin, though. I'll just borrow yours. Hahaha.