Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mabuhay!

The past 12 months must be the most chronicled year in the decades I've been traveling. Not only have I managed to scribble about these places in my notebook and wrote a bit of it in this blog, I've also been able to write about it in a couple of publications.

It all started when Jacqui asked if I wanted to write a travel article for her newspaper. The timing couldn't have been more perfect as I just returned from Japan and China that time. My writing stint for her started with an article on Kyoto, and the on-line version can still be found here and here. Then before I knew it, I've written 3 articles on 3 countries for her - and this really got me back into my feature writing roots.

Yesterday, Cecile brought me a copy of the in flight magazine, Mabuhay. Her reason? She saw a familiar name and the familiar hobby of that familiar name. Yes, it was my name on an article about shopping!



Ever since I was a kid, I've always loved to write and to travel. (Ok, and to shop.) I'm glad that I can put these passions on paper.

4 comments:

arniedelusong said...

haha how luck can they get. they just got the best shopper around who happens to be a very good writer :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lester. You got to do two of your favorite things at the same time.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I've always wanted to be published in an international magazine, and with my byline. All my articles before were just press releases in newspapers and magazines, so no my name didn't appear on print. You should do the next step - Conde Nast! :-)

Dazed and Confused said...

Arnie! One of the places i've written about there was Horizon Plaza in Ap Lei Chau. That's where the Lane Crawford Outlet is - cheap designer goods galore.

Yes LOML, something good came out of my frequent shopping trips, eh? That's why whenever we go out shopping, think of it as doing research. Hahaha.

Hey Mark. Conde Nast Traveler is one of my favourite magazines. Maybe I should build up my travel writing portfolio a bit more before I dream about writing for them.