Friday, August 03, 2007

Kitty Litter

While Ate Bullet and I were talking about things to send our nephews and niece in the US, she mentioned how Erika is now into Hello Kitty. When they spoke over the phone a few weeks ago, Erika said that she doesn't want dresses or shoes (which she usually likes) because she wants something in particular.

Hello Kitty.

Yup, like Ate Lissa, Erika is into Hello Kitty these days. I asked Ate what she plans to send, and she answered: "pens, art materials and a bag." Thankfully, Hong Kong is never in short supply of Hello Kitty stuff as well. At Gift Gate alone (who would've thought they'd have Gift Gate in HK) there are so many Kitty stuff for the taking.

But the creative in me whispered: "Buy her something that's not readily available in the U.S. That way, she'll have something that her friends will never have." And that thought led me to the MTR and to these cool kitties.



MTR recently launched a line of Hello Kitty dolls dressed up as MTR employees. I found out about that it's the 3rd week of the promotion and they already released 3 dolls. Good thing I was still able to get two.



It's so cute to see Hello Kitty out of her usual red jumper. I think it's quite novel to see her in regular working clothes - just like what they do with Barbie. The back of the box even has Kitty talking about her "work." Cute!



The only catch is, I have to ride the MTR 10 times a week in order to buy one of these dolls. And that means I'll have to take the train more often than usual.

But if it means putting an excited smile on my niece's face, it's a small, small price to pay.

No comments: