Friday, May 11, 2007

Where wear you?

This morning, I once again had the daunting task of deciding which jeans to wear. That's the only drawback with having more than enough jeans - figuring out what goes well with the mood today can be a bit of a pain. Thank goodness I have a group of "safe jeans" which is what I wear when there's no time to decide. "Safe jeans" are jeans that have an uber classic cut and wash, and will go with just about anything.

While screening my jean stash, I found one still with a tag on it. It was a pair of jeans from K2, and after seeing the tag, I remembered that I bought this pair around November 2005. Which means it's been in my closet for about a year and a half without being worn!

Gosh! How can that happen? Well, I'll tell you how that can happen. My theory is that among all the jeans in my closet, I've only worn 3/4 of the lot. The other 1/4 still have tags and haven't been out of the closet since I've bought them. (But I think this pair I found might be the longest staying one.)

Anyway, since it's been mulling inside the closet for so long, I decided to bring it out and finally wear it. Here they are, my jeans in their long overdue debut!



The fit is very K2 (which is very Chinese/Japanese.) The rise is low, the legs are a bit tapered, and it's straight all the way down. Thank goodness I was able to fit in. It also has a lot of distressed details, such as these two big tears on the right leg. I'll give this a few months, and after that, i'm sure the frayed parts will become big holes. And people will once again remark: "You've got white legs!"



I also like the stitching detail on the knee. The thread they used is thick and heavy duty, which allays my fear that it'll just break open when I bend it while running, walking or bending down.


I'm certain this pair of jeans is relieved that it's finally seen the light of day after all that time. And i'm glad that I've stumbled upon it this morning, or else it might just have been in there for another 6 months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one of the pics, I can see things cluttered on your desk, your wallet, your mac, the phone etc. Clean your desk! hehehehe...

Oops.. that was me projecting.

Dazed and Confused said...

Well Mark, I think this is a case of "the pot calling the kettle black." Hehehe. Unless you've managed to clean up your desk, which is unlikely. Hahaha.