Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lessons from a Spider

They had a Spiderman Marathon at TVB Pearl the past few weekends, and they did it to coincide with the showing of Spiderman 3 here in HK. After seeing all the three parts, I must say that the 2nd one was the best, and the last one was the worst. I felt like singing "Shiny, Happy People" in the end because they made sure everyone was happy and likeable before the credits rolled.

Oh well, that's Hollywood for you.

I like it how each of the 3 installments had a lesson to impart. My favourite one was the lesson in the first episode:

"With great power comes great responsibility."

The phrase stuck a chord today, and it's one of the few times that feeling responsible feels so good.

3 comments:

Lu-AnnFuentes said...

did you see my notes two entries down? kin is worried that you may not be in HK by the time we get there haha

Dazed and Confused said...

Luann! Yup, I've read your entries, and yes, I think I'll be here around that time. (Barring impromptu shoots and out of the country meetings.) And yes, we'll find a way to squeeze everyone in. (Sleeping in shifts, anyone?)

Lu-AnnFuentes said...

that's a relief, hehe. makakaabot kay jing, kin, ker :)