Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Things are really getting ugly...

The "Ugly Betty" fever in the Morales flat is hitting record highs. I've been watching the series the past few nights, and i've finished all the episodes in the boxed set I bought.

But the problem when you put together an impatient advertising person and a whole season in a box is that you can expect a bit of cheating to happen.

I watched the first 5 episodes, and the plot was so interestingly twisted, I had the urge to find out how everything would unravel. So what did I do? After the 5th episode, I decided to watch the last episode and work my way up to where I left off. Some people might find this viewing habit uber weird, but it the more fun way of enjoying the series.

Aside from the plot, one thing I love about the series are the characters. It was nice to see Judith Light on TV again. After Alyssa Milano, she was my favorite actress in "Who's the Boss." Now, she's playing Daniel Meade's recovering alcoholic mother - Claire. Despite being out of the scene for a while, her comic timing is still impeccable.

Another favorite character is Constance. The immigration case officer who has the hots for Betty's dad. She lights up the screen everytime she appears, but this segment is definitely one of my favorite scenes with her.



Gosh! I can't wait for Season 2 to start. (And for the boxed set to be available.)

No comments: