Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Three Friends

It must've been the election "holiday", or maybe it's because the summer season in Manila is about to end, but there seems to be a lot of Filipinos vacationing in Hong Kong this week. Since Friday last week, i've been running into Pinoys en masse, at the MTR, in the malls, along Nathan Road, and of course, Mong Kok. Thanks to Cebu Pacific, traveling is now much easier.

Among those visitors were three sets of friends. Yup, I saw three sets of friends this weekend (and start of the week) and was able to show them around and brought them to my favourite haunts. (Both shopping and eating haunts. Reports about my being a shopaholic are grossly exaggerated. Hahaha.) Strangely, I only knew of one set coming here: Ginger and Dave. They're on their nth visit here, and their first after the wedding. So this might still be part of their honeymoon. The other 2 sets, well, they were a big - albeit a very pleasant - surprise. Too bad their schedules were packed, I would've wanted to spend more time with them.

With the Philippine Independence Weekend coming up soon, I'm sure more Pinoys are planning to come and visit. I'm hoping i'll be seeing more friends then, too. (Paging Lu-ann and company.)

No comments: