Friday, May 04, 2007

Mind over Marriage Matters

Before this year ends, and as the next one starts, two friends of mine will be getting married. Contrary to the "June Bride" concept, the most popular months to get married in the Philippines are actually December, January and February. The main reason behind this is the weather - June is either scorching hot or rainy, while the abovementioned 3 months are cool, windy and comfy over-all.

It's been a while since I last helped put together a wedding. The last one was in February 2006 when Joannah got married in Manila. That was loads of fun because we were coordinating the wedding from 3 countries: Singapore, Hong Kong and Manila. Just as planned, the wedding was a low-key, elegant and fun affair. But the planning was just as fun as the event itself.

Now that I've got 2 weddings to "organize", i'm doubly excited and my mind is working double time. Ever since Claire and I became "accidental wedding coordinators" some 5 years back, I realized that conceptualizing weddings is a creatively fulfilling and challenging affair. And this type of fulfillment and challenge is a welcome break from thinking about commercials all the time.

Both weddings have actually been marinating in my mind the past months. And as the date draws closer, I think about them more often and much intensely.

How intense? I was thinking about Bonique's wedding too much this morning, I missed my train stop!

No comments: